In this episode of Meals for Mars me and Angelo make salmon patties using ground flax seed. This recipe was submitted to the HI-SEAS recipe contest by Aquilla Elfindale. This is what Aquilla said about her recipe:
These hardy salmon patties are filled with omega fatty acids from both the salmon and the flax seed. Their meaty flavor is sure to please the long way from home carnivores.
What we liked about this recipe is how simple it is – only a few ingredients.
Ingredients: 8 patties
4 cans pink salmon
1 tbs flour
1 c mayo
1 c ground flax seed
1 c parmesan cheese
1 tbs garlic herb seasoning
½ tbs onion powder
½ tbs Primero Chili Pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
We enjoyed getting our hands dirty with mixing all these ingredients into patties. This video will show you just how much fun we had.
- In a bowl mix salmon, flour, flax seed, parmesan, and mayo
- Mix in seasonings
- Divide into ½ c balls and form into patties
- Place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- You can lightly fry the patties in ¼ inch vegetable oil
- Serve with rehydrated cabbage, onions, and tomatoes on a roll/bun