Sian and Yajaira end the Meals for Mars series with the last recipe from the HI-SEAS contest: Arabia Terra Tabouli by Mark Rognstad. The Meals for Mars series was a great part of the HI-SEAS 4-month mission and we hope you had a chance to make some of these recipes at home. We want to give thanks to everyone who submitted recipes to the contest and a special thanks to our 25 finalists.Without you there would not have been a Meals for Mars. Here is what Mark said about his recipe an we agree:
No cooking, fast and easy preparation – tasty!
- 1 c couscous
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder or minced garlic
- ½ cup dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp. dried basil, cilantro, or mint
- 1 ½ c boiling water
- ¼ c olive oil
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ¼ salt & pepper
- Place couscous and spices in a non-metallic bowl with a lid, and pour in boiling water.
- Stir and cover – you want to keep the mixture from cooling too quickly.
- Let bowl sit until cool, at least half an hour.
- Add olive oil and toss, then add lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.
- If the ingredient list included dried olives, they would be a nice addition.