Sian and Kate wok their way through some campfire hash submitted to the HI-SEAS recipe contest by Jessica McPeake. Jessica is a San Francisco-based tech executive, a former professional football player, and the author of Does it Bring You Joy, a website that features vegan recipes. This quote is from Jessica’s website:
A Whole life approach on spending more time being happy
- 4 cups of rehydrated potatoes
- 2 cups of rehydrated carrots
- 1 cup rehydrated spinach
- ½ c rehydrated tomato dices
- ½ c rehydrated red bell pepper
- ½ c rehydrated bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- .5 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 cups beans, black (pre-cooked)
- 2 cups TVP taco
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 c water
- 2 cup cashews (pre-soak for 1 hr in room temp water)
- ½ tsp lime juice powder in 1 ½ cups water
- Pre-soak the dried ingredients.
- While soaking, ready the Lime Crema
- Mix all the ingredients for the protein mix (mix well) and set on low heat.
- Heat your main skillet at medium heat and use the olive oil to lightly coat the pan (wait until pan is hot).
- Add your potatoes and carrots – mix well in the oil and lightly coat the top with your hash seasoning rub and mix again. Let cook for about 10 mins – stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the lemon juice, spinach, tomato and peppers and mix well. Let cook on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until ready.
- Process all the ingredients in a food processer or blender. Add the water slowly until you get a creamy finish. Taste as you go – add salt as needed.