Sian cooks up a big batch of Spam Fried Rice submitted to the HI-SEAS recipe contest by A. Kirk McCarty.
- 2 C. rice, medium grain – cooked in rice cooker
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ c DH mushrooms + 1 c water – ½ c reclaimed
- 4 cups (taken from ½ c DH peas + ½ c DH carrots + ½ c DH sweet corn + boil 6 cups water – 2 c reclaimed)
- 2 tbsp DH onion (made ½ c of onions + 1/3 c water)
- 6 tbs egg powder + 18 tbs water
- 1 can turkey spam
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- ½ c. soy sauce with ¼ tsp sesame oil
- Cook rice in rice cooker
- Cook peas, carrots, and corn in 4 cups water for 30 minutes or until soft
- Rehydrate onions and mushrooms
- Rehydrate eggs and scramble in 1 tbsp olive oil – set aside
- Cut spam into ¼ ” cubes
- In wok, add 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté spam and 2 tbs onions until browned
- Add mushrooms, and 4 cups vegetable mixture.
- Add rice and ¼ c olive oil and sauté.
- Stir in egg and garlic powder.
- Add soy sauce and stir fry a couple minutes before serving.