Sian and Yajaira team up to make a sweet side dish called Olympus Mons Fruit Salad submitted to the HI-SEAS recipe contest by Aquilla Elfindale.
1/3 c rice vinegar
2/3 c water
½ c freeze dried mango
½ c freeze dried papaya
½ c freeze dried pineapple
½ c freeze dried strawberries
½ c freeze dried apple
1 c shredded coconut
3 tbsp mayo
2 tsp brown sugar
¼ c sweetened condensed milk
½ c roasted macadamia nuts
- Heat 1/3 cup rice vinegar & 2/3 cup water.
- Add the dehydrated fruits and let boil for 3 min.
- Set aside to rehydrate for one hour.
- Then add and mix together 3 tbsp Mayo, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 cup coconut, with ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk.
- Divide in 6 equal portions, place in little mounds on plates then sprinkle with ¼ cup roasted macadamia nuts.